For this version of #HealthyTipTuesday I wanted to switch it up a bit from my regular posts relating to food. And in the spirit of celebrating love, I wanted to remind us to love our spouses on purpose EVERYDAY, not just 1 day out of the year! I know I’m a few days late with this topic but it just wouldn’t be like me to be on time 🙂
I truly have nothing against Valentine’s Day but I think it’s easy to get caught up in what super special things people should do/buy for us only on February 14th. Honestly, I woke up to nothing. No flowers, no card, no teddy bears, no chocolate, etc, etc. Don’t tell him this, but I honestly don’t remember any of the material gifts that he has given me on Valentine’s Day in past years. I know that’s horrible, shame on me!
However, I do remember…
- Each and every day that I get to spend with him
- The impromptu moments that he asks his parents to watch the kids so we can go out
- How patient he is when I spend double the normal time cooking dinner just to try a new recipe
- Him embracing my new “couponing culture”
- Each and every time that we watch what I want to watch, eat what I want to eat, and do what I want to do
- Him being just one phone call away
- Him being an entrepreneur and spending above average time with his family
- Him listening to me talk, and talk, and talk about stuff that he probably has no care in the world about (he’s not allowed to admit that)
- Putting us above everything!
A couple of weeks ago I made a post and lied. I said that Gift Giving is one of my love languages and although I love surprises, I really appreciate Acts Of Service and Quality Time so much more! There’s just something about my husband truly going out of his way to make my life easier…
Here he is washing the dishes a few weeks ago. In that one week, he did so much around the house and I was extremely appreciative! He finally admitted that after watching War Room, he was motivated to step it up a bit lol.
Lastly, while writing this, I remembered this card that I gave him almost 5 years ago in 2011 and I still feel this exact way about him! And isn’t it crazy that my #25 actually came true?! 🙂
Those are the random acts of kindness that I prefer to perform and prefer to receive!
I wish you all lots of love and happiness and remember to love one another on purpose, everyday…your health depends on it!