Yesterday was a really good day! I mean I was pretty productive and it felt great!
Heres’s a quick recap:
- I washed the dishes and cleaned off the kitchen counters. Like got everything off! I’m never able to do that because I always have a pile of things to go through later. #HoarderProbs
- The kids and I had a really good ‘flow’ of our day. We had storytime, listened to a counting cd, ate snacks, and they even had naps at the same time. Kudos to me for pulling that off!
- We also folded their clothes until Camden started throwing them
- And I managed to post about my recent birthday. Chk it out here!
I did all of that without using the TV as a buffer! #Winning
But today…I’m struggling y’all! I have no idea what’s going on either. I can make a list of things that aren’t going right…
- Cadence was fussy this morning. I repeatedly tried to put her down for a nap but to no avail. I even tried to nurse her to sleep but she drank a little milk and then popped up as if she just had a 5 hour energy drink! Then 15 min. later, she’d come off her ‘high’ and start whinning again. But how can you be mad at a face like this?
- We don’t have much food in the fridge so we had oatmeal for breakfast and spaghetti that I had to doctor on for lunch. Pretty sure some good comfort food will pull me out of this funk!
- My husband is working from home today! Which is awesome but a tad bit distracting. I LOVE his company but Camden constantly thinks that it’s playtime and instead of walking around in ‘house clothes’ I feel the need to get a little dressed up and ‘look like something’ as I always say.
But who wants to hear me whine and complain?! There are so many things in life to be grateful for. It just seems like none of them sound appealing at the moment.
On the bright side, I’ve been wanting to post on here more often and even though it was a venting session, I just did!
Thanks for being my virtual friends… I would’ve called my ‘real’ ones but they all have kids too and are probably having a day similar to mine!
P.S. – I just remembered that there’s ice cream in the fridge! Excuse me while I indulge…