I haven’t always used a water filter but since I’ve been married and have a family of my own, I’ve really been committed to living a healthier life. Here are 10 reasons why you should join me, courtesy of: AllAboutWater.org
- Water filters provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and bacterial contaminants.
- Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
- The purchase of a countertop filter results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than bottled water.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
- A solid block carbon water filter can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking water.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health.
- A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defense between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
We use this one made by PUR which is super simple. You just attach it to the sink faucet and voila, fresh(er) water lol. There’s even an indicator light that let’s you know when to change the filter.
My mom recently told me about “reverse osmosis” and aside from the price tag, I’m interested. I just came across this cool article from Wellness Mama comparing different water filtration methods. Check it out!
I highly encourage you to purchase a filter and begin using it consistently! Here ya go, I’ve even started the process for you…. Click here to continue your journey to a healthier life.