On Sunday, March 8th, 2015, we celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary!
I was ecstatic for several reasons:
1. We made it! Many people doubt the longevity of young marriages, but we’re in this for the long haul. Right hunny?!
2. It was a LONG year to say the least and we deserved a celebration.
3. It was our time to reflect on past memories and future goals.
4. It was just the two of us. No kids, no friends, no family.
5. I was pregnant 10 out of 12 months last
year so I think I earned a drink or two 🙂
My advice for married couples is to celebrate each other every day but definitely on special occasions. God united the two of you for a reason and that within itself is good reason to step outside of the box.
I’m a pack rat (yes, I admit it) and I keep just about everything. Last year, we started a tradition of reading special items from the past (cards, letters, notes, etc) to each other. It was really nostalgic and a lot of fun. It also reminded us that we need to re-up on our random acts of kindness to one another throughout the year.
However you’d like to do it, just CELEBRATE!